Content aka Entries

Got a question about setting up or using Flextype? We'll do our best to help you out, but please make sure you've searched for an answer first.
Carstenihm

Content aka Entries

Post by Carstenihm » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:02 pm

I find that it is not easy to write and put content to the site build in Flextype.

I would love to be able to upload content via ftp instead of writing it in the backend - and I find it more complicated as in not easy to have to make a folder in order to post a new entry instead of having them in the same folder as (some) other Flat File Systems - and J:son, why not .md (Markdown) ?

Awilum
Site Admin

Re: Content aka Entries

Post by Awilum » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:44 pm

Hello Carstenihm!

In order to make a universal system for working with a universal type of content and as close as possible to Headless systems, the data storage format JSON was chosen.

Entries in the Flextype is set of data different types(fields) that can be stored in the filesystem or in the database(in the future)

home/entry.json

Code: Select all

{
    "title": "Home",
    "content": "<h1 style=\"text-align: center;\">\r\n    Welcome!\r\n</h1>\r\n<p style=\"text-align: center;\" class=\"lead\">\r\n    Welcome to your new Flextype powered website.\r\n    <br>\r\n    Flextype is succesfully installed, you can start editing the content and customising your site in <a href=\"./admin\">Admin panel</a>.\r\n</p>\r\n<br>\r\n<p style=\"text-align: center;\">Latest blog posts:</p>\r\n",
    "template": "home",
    "fieldset": "default",
    "visibility": "visible",
    "description": "",
    "menu_item_title": "Home",
    "menu_item_url": "home",
    "menu_item_target": "_self",
    "menu_item_order": "1",
    "uuid": "3d85291f-e2dd-4f96-8fd9-ecb797f11fdc",
    "published_at": 1564679611,
    "created_at": 1564679611
}
But I was thinking about adding ability to work with other types of content, for e.g. YAML, MD, CSV and etc... inside flextype core or as a plugin. Will think about this for upcoming Flextype 0.9.4
I have founded the Flextype project and I am on the mission to build high quality web platform to develop fast, flexible, easier to manage websites with Flextype. Support me: https://www.patreon.com/awilum